Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]

Expert advice for 14 years
$show[vbsec2]
+ Reply to Thread

Default JL 10 w7 on Kicker DX 1000.1? HELP!!

so everyone has ben telling me how good the jl w7's are. I have a kicker dx 1000.1 and was wondering if it would be safe to get that sub and push it if i turned the gains down till i can afford the jl slash 500.1v2??

well those subs are rated for 1000 watt rms @ 4 ohm. yer amp does 1000watt rms @ 2ohm and 500 watt @ 4 ohm. u can run that sub all day and never hurt it. it would be the amp i would be worried about... i would look for an amp that does 1000watts rms @ 4 ohm. then you would be set
    Spread them wide and lick their creamy filling. God I love Oreos!

The 10w7 has a single 3 ohm coil. Your Kicker amp will put out somewhere between 750-800 watts at 3 ohms. This is plenty of power for a 10w7. No need to get another amp.
    the preceding statements are my opinion only.... actual mileage may very.... results not typical....

The 10w7 is rated at 750 watts RMS @ 3 ohms

The 12w7 is rated at 1000 watts RMS @ 3 ohms

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuda View Post
    well those subs are rated for 1000 watt rms @ 4 ohm. yer amp does 1000watt rms @ 2ohm and 500 watt @ 4 ohm. u can run that sub all day and never hurt it. it would be the amp i would be worried about... i would look for an amp that does 1000watts rms @ 4 ohm. then you would be set
    the preceding statements are my opinion only.... actual mileage may very.... results not typical....

I'm just scared to blow the sub lol

Those subs are tanks, they can take a hell of alot of punishment. It's not Guna have any problems with 800 watts
    Spread them wide and lick their creamy filling. God I love Oreos!

if you are concerned. your best bet is going to be sure to buy from an AUTHORIZED. JL dealer. locally so they can offer advice and your new sub will come with a factory warranty. if you buy jl online from ANYWHERE besides there site there is no warranty from jl. also jl equipment sold and installed at a flagship dealer carries 2 year warranty