Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]

Fall Blow Out Dot Sale
$show[vbsec2]

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer, Metallic or Soft tweeters?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metallic (Aluminum, Titanium, Mylar)

1 5.88%
  • Soft (Silk, Textiles, Kaladex)

16 94.12%
+ Reply to Thread

Default Types of Tweeters

My friend is putting a new system in his boat, and I'm helping him out. My question is, should I put silk or soft dome tweeters, or an aluminum or titanium tweeter?

Normally I don't really care for the brightness of the metal tweeters, but I'm afraid I won't be able to hear softer materials over the wind noise.

Also, I know Kicker has their new KM6500.2, but I don't know if I'm crazy about the horn tweeters... any suggestions?

well in a boat your gonna look for the brightness as well the loudness factor without destroying sound quality, now if the comps are right by where the driver sits and or by passengers heads then i suggest a silk lol but with an open area in a boat you need the loudness and clarity of a brighter tweeter. As well you will see a lot of guys run there towers or inside sets at 2ohms that way they can project more sound basically.
    ima go smoke a beer and drink a cigarette

Kicker makes those KB6000 which use a compression style tweeter to really get some range for the guys skiing behind the boat, would definitely help if your worried about them getting drowned out by the wind.

Have you guys seen the Bazooka tubbies? I heard they are great for people with boats and projecting sound across the water. For those wakeboarders/skiers who want to hear the sound coming from the boat while riding, I heard that these are great! Here is the link:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...MT8002CHB.html
    Live and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers247 View Post
    Have you guys seen the Bazooka tubbies? I heard they are great for people with boats and projecting sound across the water. For those wakeboarders/skiers who want to hear the sound coming from the boat while riding, I heard that these are great! Here is the link:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...MT8002CHB.html
    They actually sound pretty darn good I installed four on one tower running them at two ohms and they sounded awesome for the price

Can the tubbies and wakeboard tower speakers be used for really loud sound in the boat, as opposed to projecting to a wakeboarder or skier?

for towers yes run em at 2 ohms and you will get more sound and more projection...

They both have their advantages, but I like metallic because I listen to rock music at high volume and it really accentuates the high frequencies.

That said, it all depends on the preference of the user.
    Sincerely,
    RC

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzche

*cough* Horn tweeters *cough*
    H/U: Pioneer DEX-P99RS
    Front Stage: ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004-6020, Audible Physics AR3P, Exodus EX Anarchy
    Zed Audio Leviathan
    Sub Stage: 2x Morel Ultimo 12
    Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D V.2