Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]

Fall Blow Out Dot Sale
$show[vbsec2]
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default are boss subs good?

I just got 2 Boss Diablo 15's and was wondering how are they? I have never used any Boss speakers before and was wondering if anybody could tell me what they think of the subs.

well, I have owned some boss products in the past, I had a pair of older boss blade 12's. and now, the subs wouldn't run on the 1200 rms that they claimed as the pair. because I put a solid 1000 rms to the pair. so tech I would have been 100 watts rms UNDER powering the subs, and I built the box on spec, and the coils heat up.

now unless the 15's your running have a solid 3 inch coil, and is 8 layer wrapped coils. I would be really cautious on a good solid power,

what kind of amp are you running to power these subs?

Quote Originally Posted by pbc243 View Post
    I just got 2 Boss Diablo 15's and was wondering how are they? I have never used any Boss speakers before and was wondering if anybody could tell me what they think of the subs.
    Nah Boss subs and their amps are garbage. Amps are not CEA-compliant so they will not even put out close to their advertised wattage. Subs are equally the same.

Boss subs are garbage and their amps lite on fire. Hope this helps.

.... the subs are not garbage lol. they are not the greatest but they are not aweful.... infact my point proven, the 6.5 components they use share the same technology as their subs. Now, their 6.5 basically subwoofer in their component system I ran 1200 watts to it. 600 rms. NO bs. and man, they ran like a champ. infact I still have the pair. I could hook them up and prove that even with 250 rms to them now, they will still work very well. infact they are great! I may hook up the pair of 6.5 woofers to the 250 rms amp, and put them in a small ported box and use them under my seats porting out just for some extra midbass.... hmm ideas!
    I design sub boxes 10 dollars for a full 3D
    2 18's walled on 8000 watts rms. does 152.1 sealed, and a 155.7 outlaw on MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!
    Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Highs On Bass View Post
    what kind of amp are you running to power these subs?
    Crunch p1500.1

I havent hooked them up yet, but thats what I plan to use ( cars in the shop)

Quote Originally Posted by pbc243 View Post
    Most Boss gear is rubbish nowadays, some older stuff is half decent tho, save up and buy a better product you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by J3M573R View Post
    Most Boss gear is rubbish nowadays, some older stuff is half decent tho, save up and buy a better product you won't regret it.
    I definitely agree. The difference between crap subs and great subs is significantly less than it was 10 years ago, with technology and whatnot, but there is still a big difference. However "entry level" they are, the subs are still wayyyy better then their amplifiers.

so... i went to the bathroom and after i was done i looked down and there was a full toilet of Boss equipment! JK! lol

*hopefully this is not offensive in any way I am JUST messing around*
    ima go smoke a beer and drink a cigarette

Talking Lol

Quote Originally Posted by B91Z28 View Post
    so... i went to the bathroom and after i was done i looked down and there was a full toilet of Boss equipment!
    LOL, LMAO, ROLF hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah *breath* ahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah *breath* hahahaahahaahahahaahahahahaahahaha *pass out*

Good one B!
    Keep it clean, keep it LOUD!